The Association for Prevention Teaching and Research annual meeting - Teaching Prevention 2017: Aligning Curriculum to Achieve Health Equity - will take place Wednesday, April 5 through Friday, April 7, 2017 in Savannah, GA. The headquarter hotel is the Hyatt Regency Savannah. This interprofessional meeting is designed for health professions faculty and students who teach prevention and population health.
- Create an environment for prevention and public health faculty, students, residents, professionals and leaders to engage in dialogue around how to teach issues of health equity and better understand the social determinants of health.
- Bring together faculty and students from across the health professions to share teaching strategies and evidence-based approaches that promote health and health equity.
- Highlight innovative teaching, research, and practice that address the social determinants of health.
- Strengthen bonds and foster new ones among health professions schools and public health programs to improve student knowledge.
Visit www.teachingprevention.org for more information
Symposium Dates: April 5-7, 2017 in Savannah, GA
The symposium provides an interprofessional opportunity for students to learn leadership and organizational skills from expert faculty in the field of prevention and population health. Scholars are provided the opportunity to attend an experiential learning tour of local community clinics and participate in several professional networking events. Students leave with a deeper understanding of their role in our complex public health system and the skills necessary to implement their community projects.
Past speakers include prominent United States public health officials such as Surgeons General, Assistant Secretaries for Health and other governmental officials, industry experts, and veteran public health practitioners.
Past Participating Surgeons General:
- David Satcher, MD
- Richard H. Carmona, MD, MPH, FACS
- Regina Benjamin, MD
- Boris D. Lushniak, MD, MPH
American Association of Colleges of Nursing
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
American Dental Education Association
Association of American Medical Colleges