Healthy People 2020 Progress Review Webinar: The Burden of Tuberculosis and Infectious Diseases in t
Tuesday, July 30, 2013
12:30 - 2:00 PM EDT
Healthy People 2020 Progress Review Webinar: The Burden of Tuberculosis and Infectious Diseases in the U.S. and Abroad
Please join us for a Healthy People 2020 Progress Review Webinar on the burden of tuberculosis and infectious diseases in the U.S. and abroad. This webinar series focuses on tracking and measuring the progress of Healthy People 2020 objectives throughout the decade. The Immunization and Infectious Diseases and Global Health Topic Areas have collaborated to bring you the latest information.
The health of the U.S. population can be affected by public health threats or events across the globe. As the world and its economies become more globalized, including extensive international travel and commerce, it is necessary to think about health in a global context. This Webinar will examine the burden of infectious diseases nationally and internationally with a special emphasis on tuberculosis. You will also learn about one community-based organization’s work on tuberculosis prevention and treatment in the U.S.-Mexico border region.
Dr. Howard Koh, Assistant Secretary for Health, will lead the discussion on the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ combined efforts to achieve the Healthy People targets.
Others presenters include:
- Dr. Irma E. Arispe, Director, Office of Analysis and Epidemiology, Associate Director, National Center for Health Statistic
- Rear Admiral Kenneth Castro, Director, Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Tom Kenyon, Director, Center for Global Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Dr. Craig Shapiro, Director, Office of the Americas, Office of Global Affairs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Ed Zuroweste, Chief Medical Officer, Migrant Clinicians Network
« Go to Upcoming Event List