opportunities in public health and preventive medicine interest areas
are available with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
through the APTR Preventive Medicine and Public Health Fellowship
Program. Fellows will gain leadership experience in public health
practice and policy, access to state-of-the-art technology and national
databases, and will train with leading experts in the field of
preventive medicine and public health. Length of fellowship is
typically a one-year term.
opportunities are located either at CDC headquarters in Atlanta,
Georgia, or a CDC regional office. Locations are specified in the
position descriptions. Selected fellows are required to relocate to the
fellowship location; relocation expenses are not provided.
There are currently no open
fellowship positions available for application at this time.
Recruitment cycles and start of new fellowships occur twice a
- Late winter fellows to start in August/September
- Late summer for fellows to start in January/February
1. Applicant must be either a U.S.
Citizen, non-citizen national, or foreign national possessing a visa
permitting permanent residence in the U.S. (Alien Registration or "Green
Card"). Student visas and temporary work visas do not qualify.
2. Academic eligibility requirements will
differ with each new position description.
You must complete all required graduate work by the fellowship start-date,
including online courses or thesis work.
3. The fellowship program is
designed to support the development of young professionals in the
field of preventive medicine and population health. Candidates must be within 5 years of graduation.
4. There is no membership requirement to apply. If you are selected for the fellowship position then you must be either (1) a student or graduate of an institutional academic member program of APTR, or (2) be an individual member of APTR.
- Applicant Information
- Academic Institution Information & Certification*applicable
only if currently enrolled
- Resume or C.V.
- Academic Transcripts (graduate level studies only)
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Applicant Essay
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen, you will be
required to attach a copy of your Alien Registration Card (Green Card).
APTR Training Programs
(202) 463-0550 ext. 137
toll-free (866) 520-APTR
Complete the form below to receive future announcements by email about new fellowships positions: