APTR Healthy People Curriculum Task Force
Clinical Prevention and Population Health Curriculum Framework
The Clinical Prevention and Population Health Curriculum Framework (Framework) is a product of the APTR Healthy People Curriculum Task Force. The Framework provides a common core of knowledge for clinical health professions about individual and population‐oriented prevention and health promotion efforts. Health professions educators are encouraged to review their curricula and/or requirements to ensure they include elements of the Framework.
The APTR Healthy People Curriculum Task Force represents eight prominent health professional education associations that have collaborated since 2002 to implement the educational objectives of Healthy People 2010 and 2020 and to collect data for objectives:
- ECBP-12-18: "Increase the inclusion of core clinical prevention and population health content in health professions education."
- ECBP-19: "Increase the proportion of academic institutions with health professions education programs whose prevention curricula include interprofessional educational experiences.
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- American Dental Education Association
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- Community-Campus Partnerships for Health
- Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health