Social Determinants of Health
On Thursday, September 20 from 12:00 to 12:45 p.m. EDT learn how one program is improving graduation rates. Register today!
This 45-minute session on community-initiatives around the ninth of 12 Leading Health Indicator (LHI) topics released by the US Department of Health and Human Services will highlight one program's success improving graduation rates.
Series Learning Objectives
- To raise awareness of the Healthy People 2020 Leading Health Indicators (LHIs) and actions that can be taken to address them.
- To examine the context in addressing each LHI topic.
- To explore how states, communities, and organizations are addressing the LHIs using innovative and evidence-based approaches.
- LHI Topic Overview: Social Determinants of Health
- Who's Leading the Leading Health Indicators? – Health and School-wide Education Strategies
Don Wright, MD, MPH, Director, ODPHP, HHS; Jim Connell, PhD, President and Co-Founder, Institute for Research and Reform in Education; J. Nadine Gracia, MD, MSCE, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Minority Health, HHS
This presentation is part of the Healthy People 2020 feature "Who's Leading the Leading Health Indicators?” Learn more about Social Determinants of Health.