2013-2014 APTR-ODPHP Prevention Health Policy Residency Rotations
- Understand the intersection between prevention
and public health using evidence-based resources
- Demonstrate knowledge of the components, development,
and implementation of Federal prevention public health policy
- Identify concrete strategies to coordinate
preventive medicine and public health policy
- Observe and understand the design and
implementation process of prevention public health programs to improve the
- Serve as liaison to Federal and non-Federal
partner agencies for specific project purpose
- Co-lead and participate in monthly "Journal
- Co-lead bi-monthly "Evidence-Based Medicine
- Work on specific projects based on resident’s
interest and needs of the office
- Participate in meetings with ODPHP and partners
to discuss and learn about public health policy
- Conduct a literature review and present findings
on relevant public health topic
A stipend of $3,100 per month will be paid directly to the residency program.. Please note that this rotation must be completed on-site at ODPHP in Rockville, MD.
Two to four month rotations are available from July 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014, contingent upon funding.
Have all of your application materials ready prior to starting the application form (CV, letter of recommendation from Residency Program Director, and statement of interest). It is advised that applicants create a form log in account at the start of the application. Creating a form log in account will enable the applicant to partially complete the form and return to it later to complete and submit. Without an account the applicant will have to complete and submit the form in one session. Only complete submitted applications will be reviewed.
Questions about the rotation experience should be directed to:
Allison Roper, LICSW
Questions about the application process should be directed to:
APTR Training Projects Coordinator
202-463-0550, ext. 137
The application cycle for the 2013-2014 rotations is ongoing with a final deadline of March 2013. For application reminders, please fill out the form below.