opportunities in public health and preventive medicine interest areas
are available with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
through the APTR Preventive Medicine and Public Health Fellowship
Program. Fellows will gain leadership experience in public health
practice and policy, access to state-of-the-art technology and national
databases, and will train with leading experts in the field of
preventive medicine and public health. Length of fellowship is
typically a one-year term.
opportunities are located either at CDC headquarters in Atlanta,
Georgia, or a CDC regional office. Locations are specified in the
position descriptions. Selected fellows are required to relocate to the
fellowship location; relocation expenses are not provided.
There are currently no positions available for application to the APTR-CDC Fellowship Program. Recruitment cycles and
start of new fellowships occur twice a year, typically:
- Late winter to
early spring for fellows to start in August/September
- Late spring to early summer for fellows to start in January/February
Current Cycle Timeline:
1. Applicant must be either a U.S.
Citizen, non-citizen national, or foreign national possessing a visa
permitting permanent residence in the U.S. (Alien Registration or "Green
Card"). Student visas and temporary work visas do not qualify.
2. The fellowships are open to all health professions disciplines and specific academic credentials required vary by fellowship position. You must complete all required graduate work by the fellowship start-date, including online courses or thesis work.
3. The fellowship program is
designed to support the development of young professionals in the
field of preventive medicine and population health. Candidates must be within 5 years of graduation.
4. There is no membership requirement to apply. If you are selected for the fellowship position then you must be either (1) a student or graduate of an institutional academic member program of APTR, or (2) be an individual member of APTR.
APTR Training Programs
(202) 463-0550 ext. 137
toll-free (866) 520-APTR
Complete the form below to receive future announcements by email about new fellowships positions: